Zenergy programmes are based on many years of experience and research in the area of co-operative technology, as explored and discussed in the books written by Dale Hunter and her colleagues.
Stage One: The Art of Facilitation is a five day experiential facilitation training programme. Participants will be introduced to the attitudes, personal qualities and presence that distinguishes ‘person-centred facilitation’ as it is grounded in place, space and grace.
Participants are coached and receive feedback from programme leaders and participants as they facilitate the group.
Participants develop the skills and ability to facilitate any group to meet its purpose.
Learn to facilitate with presence and collective intelligence
You will learn how to:
- Understand the role of a facilitator and the group development cycles.
- Clarify, identify and create a group purpose.
- Create a safe and empowering group culture.
- Experience and practise the art of presence in a group.
- Recognise the emergence of collective intelligence within the group.
- Learn the whole personhood approach and be present to self, others and the group.
- Practice a range of interventions, processes and techniques appropriately within the group.
- Be comfortable with a wide range of behaviors and handle conflict effectively.
- Recognise and work with different energy levels in self, others and the group.
Comments from past participants
“The passion, commitment, intent and purpose bringing experience, focus and momentum to the workshop whilst capturing (intuiting, thinking, feeling etc.) and promoting the potential energy and richness within the group. this created a warm, challenging and life changing learning and experience. Most powerful course I’ve ever participated in.”
Ross Campion, QuestCoach, London
“…I feel as though some of the most valuable learnings are somehow integrated into my being already. Both trainers were excellent role models, especially in the very crucial aspect of allowing the group intelligence to emerge. The programme has been inspiring and I’ve got much more than I bargained for. I’m really excited to apply some of the insights & learnings from the programme.”
Barney Rivers, Environment Waikato, Hamilton
“Having the opportunity to explore the concepts around what good facilitation is. Really made me think. Gave me lots to ponder and provided me with a sense of ongoing benefits long after the week’s end.”
Graham Miller, TMS Consulting, Brisbane, Australia
“What I found valuable was seeing conflict as an opportunity to move the group forward, the focus on purpose and culture, and the importance of checking in.”
Sarah Finlay, Auckland Council
“I liked that it was not a ‘sit down and listen to me’ training programme, it was totally interactive and not a lecturer-student relationship.”
Graham van Gilst
“What was the most value to me was the self-discovery that gave me the opportunity to learn about myself and see that I can improve on.”
Filipe R. Naivaukula
“It was a powerful and moving experience. I feel so much more confident and powerful as a facilitator.”