A Voyage of Self-Discovery – an introduction to self-facilitation in the context of group energy
The most important work for any facilitator (or indeed anyone who wants to connect with others) is developing one’s own capacity to be and become an embodied, grounded, self-aware and self-reflecting person – to facilitate yourself.
Facilitating yourself is about going on a life journey – an exciting and scary journey that will take you to places within yourself that will surprise, delight, inspire as well as disturb and upset you. To be able to connect with others and a group requires us to know and accept our whole selves, so we can also accept others in their wholeness; their brilliance and brokenness. This enables everyone’s energy and presence to be fully available when they come together.
In this one-day workshop we will create a safe, experiential space for you to start exploring, developing and accepting yourself in the context of a group setting,
We will explore:
– the concepts of welcome, getting present and creating a safe container for a group
– the importance of alignment around purpose/intention and how we be/work together
– the Zenergy facilitation framework and how “facilitating self” fits in
– warm up exercises in pairs
– group exercises that enable you to start the self-discovery journey
– safe feedback practices to support growth
– next steps, completion and celebration.
You will also receive a workbook that you can complete during the day and take away with you.
Who will benefit from this:
– anyone who works with groups, either as a facilitator, or as an active participant, a more likely scenario in today’s agile projects, flat structures, relationships, teams and communities, where groups are expected to come together and start humming quickly
– anyone who wants to explore their behaviour in relation to others, so they can connect more functionally and authentically.
Please note that this is not about fixing yourself or others. It is about growth and acceptance. It does not include any form of individual or group therapy.
This workshop will be led by Kelly Townsend, one of our Zenergy leaders and mentors, and supported by Karen Hunter.
Kelly says “When I enrolled in the Zenergy five-day Art of Facilitation course back in 2001, I was more interested in exploring my behaviour in groups, than in learning to facilitate. Continuing through to the Diploma in Facilitation & Coaching, leading Zenergy workshops and continuing to connect with the Zenergy community has changed my life. It hasn’t always been easy, but my emotional intelligence has greatly improved, and I am now more able to self-facilitate and hold space compassionately for collective intelligence and synergy to emerge in a group. The beauty of this is that I don’t need to be wearing the facilitator hat to make a positive contribution to a group or a relationship, and can benefit from the freedom and ease of more authentic and connected relationships in all aspects of my life.
Date: April 6th 2019
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Location: Auckland – venue tbc
Cost: $395 (Early bird discount of 10% if paid in full by Feb 28th).
Please fill out the following enquiry form to help us understand your needs.