Date and Venue to be confirmed. Please fill in the form below to register your interest.
Location, Wellington, Aotearoa / New Zealand.
Stage One: The Art of Facilitation is a five day experiential facilitation training programme. Participants are introduced to the attitudes, personal qualities and presence that distinguishes ‘person-centred facilitation’ as it is grounded in place, space and grace.
The programme provides a whole person framework (philosophy and methodology) and experiential skills training in group facilitation. Participants develop the skills and ability to facilitate any group to meet its purpose.
The experiential nature of the workshop will introduce participants to the attitudes, personal qualities and presence that distinguishes a person centred facilitator, grounded in place, space and grace. Participants are coached and receive feedback from programme leaders and participants as they facilitate the group.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the role of a facilitator and the group development cycles.
- Clarify, identify and create a group purpose.
- Create a safe and empowering group culture.
- Experience and practise the art of presence in a group.
- Recognise the emergence of collective intelligence within the group.
- Learn the whole personhood approach and be present to self, others and the group.
- Practice a range of interventions, processes and techniques appropriately within the group.
- Be comfortable with a wide range of behaviours and handle conflict effectively.
- Recognise and work with different energy levels in self, others and the group.
We suggest to have a conversation with one of our Programme Leaders to see if what the programme offers will meet your professional development needs. Once we receive your enquiry we will be in touch via email to set up a day and time to speak. Allow 10 to 15 mins for the call.
Please register your expression of interest with us using the following form and Kelly Townsend with contact you within 24 hours..
Learn to facilitate with presence and collective intelligence
“…I feel as though some of the most valuable learnings are somehow integrated into my being already. Both trainers were excellent role models, especially in the very crucial aspect of allowing the group intelligence to emerge. The programme has been inspiring and I’ve got much more than I bargained for. I’m really excited to apply some of the insights & learnings from the programme.”
Barney Rivers, Environment Waikato, Hamilton
“I liked that it was not a ‘sit down and listen to me’ training programme, it was totally interactive and not a lecturer-student relationship.”
Graham van Gilst
“What was the most value to me was the self-discovery that gave me the opportunity to learn about myself and see that I can improve on.”
Filipe R. Naivaukula